App Quests brings you a guide to learn how to set disable in app purchases for iOS. Remember the case of Danny Kitchen? Setting restrictions to disable in app purchases will prevent children or yourself from making accidental purchases in games and other apps. Learn how to disable In App purchases for iOS here below!
To disable in app purchases, follow these instructions
Setting up a passcode
1. Open Settings
2. Select General -> Restrictions
3. Touch Enable Restrictions and you will be asked to provide a four-digit passcode.
4. Enter your passcode twice, The list of available restrictions settings should be enabled.
Disabling In-App Purchases
Once you have a passcode set on your device for your restriction settings, you will want to proceed to set up some your device to disable in app purchases. If you have child that plays games on your device regularly, it would be a good idea to disable in app purchases to prevent him/her from accidentally purchasing a boost or a power-up within these games. To do this, while you are in the list of available restrictions :
5. Scroll down to the header entitled – “Allowed Content”.
6. Locate “In-App Purchases”
7. Set this to OFF.
If to try to test this out, and make an in-app purchase with then restriction turned on, you will see the following message.
Turn on Restrictions for in app purchases to protect your device (and credit card) today!