Airplane mode, is a mode that is available to modern smartphones and table devices. When activated, the device turns off its data and signal transmitting capabilities, which means that it is not able to send text messages, access the web, nor make calls. All other functions that do not require the use of signa transmission such as games, music player, or camera will still be available. It would be very useful to know how to turn on Airplane Mode in Android while on a flight!
Another plus point of the Airplane mode is that it also helps to conserve battery power on your device. Not being connected to a mobile/wireless carrier would mean that your device is free from searching and transmitting signals which could use up quite a bit of power.As the name suggests, it is designed for use on an Airplane, where you are not allowed to make calls nor send text messages to avoid interference with crucial aircraft-ground networks.
How to Turn On Airplane Mode in Android
To turn on Airplane on your Android device, follow these steps below.
1. On your Android device, press the “Home” button to go back to your home screen.
2. Locate the Settings Icon. You might have to swipe left or right, or enter the Apps Screen to locate this. Read HERE for more details about using the Apps Screen.
3. Look under the section “Wireless & Networks”. This should be at the top of the menu.
4. Locate “Airplane Mode”. You might have to press on “More” to locate this.
5. Turn on/off Airplane mode as desired.