Imangi Studios are back with Temple Run 2, a follow up from their successful endless running game, Temple Run.
While Temple Run 2 still feels like the same game as its predecessor, it has received a much needed upgrade in the visual department. Character and terrain models are now sharp and crisp; trees, gleaming crystals and even waterfalls strewn all over the sky temple that is your runway.
My favorite addition would be the mine ‘terrain’. The trail has curves and bends, but this isn’t as fun as sitting in a mine cart and traversing over broken rails and tilting to avoid closed tunnels.
While Temple Run 2 uses the same proven formula and has better graphics, I would say that it does not impress as much as the first one did. As a matter of fact, I find the the entire game has a dirty yellowish tint to it, and the various terrain lack a certain feel of transition, making my eyes overwhelmed by a palette of dull, dirty colors. Erk.
The new system of revival are not as compelling anymore. The old system of having angel wings was flawed, but was one that kept you at the edge of your seat, to panic when it wears off and to be glad when you can turn it on again. Instead, you now collect these huge green gems you would chance upon.. or buy as in in-game purchase.
Despite my concerns, Temple Run 2 is sure to get many hooked for hours. As a matter of fact, it stands at the fastest growing mobile game with 50 million downloads in 13 days, beating the Angry Birds series. Run for your life here at this link!
APPQUESTS SCORE : 3.5 / 5 ( Good )
For our viewers who are interested to get infinite coins, you can view this video for help!
For our achievement unlocking friends , here are all 44 objectives in Temple Run 2:
- Novice Runner – Ran 500 meters
- Pocket Change – Collected 100 coins
- Adventurer – Scored 25,000 points
- Sprinter – Ran 1,000 meters
- Piggy Bank – Collected 250 coins
- Treasure Hunter – Scored 50,000 points
- Stingy – 250m collecting no coins
- High Roller – Scored 100,000 points
- Miser Run – 500m collecting no coins
- Gem Collector – Found a gem
- Lump Sum – Collected 500 coins
- Cheat Death – Used a ‘Save Me’
- Power Collector – Unlock a 2nd powerup
- Athlete – Ran 2,500 meters
- Payday – Collected 750 coins
- Allergic to Gold – 1,000m collecting no coins
- 1/4 Million Club – Scored 250,000 points
- Lucky Strike – Collected 2 gems in one run
- Couch to 5K – Collected 5,000 coins
- 5K Runner – Ran 5,000 meters
- Steady Feet – Ran 2,500m without tripping
- 1/2 Million Club – Scored 500,000 points
- Head Start – Used a ‘Head Start’
- Double Resurrection – Used ‘Save Me’ twice in one run
- Bonus Items – Collected 20 bonus items
- Money Bags – Collected 1,000 coins
- No.Trip.Runner – Ran 5,000m without tripping
- 9 Lives – Used ‘Save Me’ 9 times
- Marathoner – 100,000 lifetime meters
- 10K Runner – Ran 10,0000 meters
- Money Bin – Collected 2,500 coins
- Million Club – Scored 1,000,000 points
- Minor Miner – 100,000 lifetime coins
- Fort Knox – Collected 5,000 coins
- 2.5 Million Club – Scored 2,500,000 points
- The Spartan – 1,000,000 points without powerups
- 5 Million Club – Scored 5,000,000 points
- Circumnavigator – 1,000,000 lifetime meters
- Gold Miner – 500,000 lifetime coins
- 10 Million Club – Scored 10,000,000 points
- Jackpot – Collected 5 gems in one run
- Speedy Start – Used 5 ‘Head Starts’
- Midas Touch – 1,000,000 lifetime coins
- Infinirunner – 10,000,000 lifetime meters